How can I set up an auto BCC for outbound emails in Outlook?
|Updated: 18 August 2011 13:16:58||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Add-in::Pop2OpenCRM OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook|
To set up an outbound email rule within Outlook that will BCC every email to a specified address, follow these steps;
1. Press Alt+F11 (or Tools->Macro->Visual basic Editor)
2. Double click the "Project1" header in the pane on the left
3. Expand Microsoft Office Outlook and double click "ThisOutlookSession"
4. Paste this code into the window:
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim R As Outlook.Recipient
Address = "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Set R = Item.Recipients.Add(Address)
R.Type = olBCC
5. Change the BCC address in the code
6. Save (Ctrl+s)
7. Close the code window and the VB Editor Window
In order for this script to work you will need to enable Macros in Outlook. There are several options for doing this.
1. Go to Tools -> Macro -> Security
2. Select "Warnings for all macros" / "Notifications for all Macros"
4. Close and restart Outlook, you should see this or a similar dialogue box
5. Click "Enable Macros"
With this method you will need to click "Enable Macros" each time you run Outlook.
This option removes the security warning when Outlook starts up however this option is potentially dangerous and should only be used if you understand the implications.
1. Go to Tools -> Macro -> Security
2. Select "No security check for macros" / "Enable all macros"
4.Close and restart Outlook
The best all round solution is to digitally sign your macro although this requires a little more effort. Office allows you to self sign a certificate which you can add to your macro, this allows the specific macro to run whilst protecting you from potentially harmful macros. To create a certificate and sign your macro follow these steps:
1. Go to the Windows Start menu and locate your Microsoft Office folder, within this folder you should find Microsoft Office Tools, within this folder click on "Digital Certificate for VBA Projects"
2. Enter a name for your certificate in the "Your certificate's name" box and click OK
3. In Outlook Go to Tools -> Macro -> Security
4. Select "Warnings for all macros" / "Notifications for all Macros" and click OK
5. Press Alt+F11 (or Tools->Macro->Visual basic Editor)
6. In the window which opens Go to Tools -> Digital Signature
7. Click "Choose", select the digital signature you created and click OK
8. Close and restart Outlook, if prompted click to save your project.
9. When Outlook opens you will be presented with the security notice as shown in option 1 above however you will now be able select "Trust all documents from this publisher". This will automatically allow only this macro (and others you sign in the same way described above) to run each time you run Outlook.
You may also be interested in:
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49
- How Can I CC and/or BCC in OpenCRM. Updated : 13-05-2013 14:57
- How do I Create a Mailshot in OpenCRM from a spreadsheet? Updated : 13-05-2013 13:31
- Can I set up a user or contact to always be CC'd or a BCC'd into correspondence sent using an email template? Updated : 18-09-2012 16:51
- Can I check if the email address I am entering is valid? Updated : 04-09-2012 14:03
- I want certain actions in OpenCRM to trigger an email or an SMS message, either to an assigned user or to an OpenCRM contact, how can I do this? Do you have any rules for the setting up auto-emails, auto-emailing or auto SMS? Updated : 01-08-2012 09:40
- How to use the Outlook Add-in with OpenCRM. How to sync Contacts, Calender entries and Emails between Outlook and OpenCRM using the Outlook Add-in. Updated : 23-07-2012 15:52
OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook
- How can I show emails in the history sub-tab of their linked record? Can I have emails I send to Contacts also show on their associated Company history tab? Updated : 12-07-2012 12:07
- I want to create and send an Email Campaign, what advice can you give me? Updated : 01-05-2012 16:46
- How do I send an Auto BCC for Outgoing emails in Thunderbird? Updated : 21-03-2012 12:34