When I copy and paste an email address from Outlook into OpenCRM my emails dont send, why is this?
|Updated: 05 May 2011 16:21:30||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook|
Generally when you copy an email address from Outlook (right click - copy address) and you paste this into any data field you might notice that this copies more information than just the email address, it often copies ;
Persons Name < email@example.com >
It is this format that will cause problems when you try to email from OpenCRM.
Note : When you save the record the email address will show correctly as the screen display code automatically displays the correct format and removes everything before the < bracket and everything after the > character.
The answer is to first of all check to see if the format of the email address is as above and if it is then edit the record and remove everything but the conventional format ;
You may also be interested in:
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49
- How Can I CC and/or BCC in OpenCRM. Updated : 13-05-2013 14:57
- How do I Create a Mailshot in OpenCRM from a spreadsheet? Updated : 13-05-2013 13:31
- Can I set up a user or contact to always be CC'd or a BCC'd into correspondence sent using an email template? Updated : 18-09-2012 16:51
- Can I check if the email address I am entering is valid? Updated : 04-09-2012 14:03
- I want certain actions in OpenCRM to trigger an email or an SMS message, either to an assigned user or to an OpenCRM contact, how can I do this? Do you have any rules for the setting up auto-emails, auto-emailing or auto SMS? Updated : 01-08-2012 09:40
- How to use the Outlook Add-in with OpenCRM. How to sync Contacts, Calender entries and Emails between Outlook and OpenCRM using the Outlook Add-in. Updated : 23-07-2012 15:52
OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook
- How can I show emails in the history sub-tab of their linked record? Can I have emails I send to Contacts also show on their associated Company history tab? Updated : 12-07-2012 12:07
- I want to create and send an Email Campaign, what advice can you give me? Updated : 01-05-2012 16:46
- How do I send an Auto BCC for Outgoing emails in Thunderbird? Updated : 21-03-2012 12:34