What is the Acceptable Use Policy for OpenCRM Bulk SMTP Outbound email services?
|Updated: 20 October 2011 15:40:53||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::SMS Hosted::Services::Email|
OpenCRM Bulk Email SMTP Services - Acceptable User Policy (AUP)
Sending unsolicited email messages (spam) is explicitly prohibited - this policy includes any volume of unsolicited mail however large or small. We are strictly against this form of communication in any form - as a policy guide to this (but not limited to) ;
You must ensure that all addresses you send to are fully 'opt-in', have consented to receive emails from you and are therefore specifically 'expecting' these emails.
Be careful if you ‘buy’ email lists. It is your responsibility to ensure that they are all ‘opt-in’ addresses. Typically the recipients were not expecting your email and it is likely to generate complaints about your use of this data for spamming.
You are not permitted to send emails to recipients where you have harvested their addresses. This includes but is not limited to the use of software or companies to harvest email lists.
Any reports of spamming will result in the immediate suspension of your Bulk Email SMTP services pending investigation. If found to be true your account will be terminated without any refunds.
Messages are limited to a maximum of 100 recipients per single message.
You must ensure your ‘from’, ‘return to’, and ‘reply to’ addresses are correctly configured with valid addresses.
Your mail server must be able to accept and process ‘mailer daemon’ and ‘delivery status’ messages for any automatic replies that the mail infrastructure might generate.
Email message headers and envelopes must not be missing, malformed or forged.
Email message subject lines must not contain false or misleading information.
If sending to a mailing / distribution list (or the same message to a large number of recipients) you must include a working 'unsubscribe' link or Internet based method to process any unsubscribe requests (a telephone / postal based method is not sufficient). Any removal requests should be processed within 7 days and (if at all possible) before sending out another mailing to avoid / minimise the risk of complaints.
If you do receive any spam complaints the recipient should be removed from your mailing list. If you believe the complaint was an 'error' you may wish to contact them one further time or by another method (telephone, post etc.) to confirm if it was a mistake and if they wish to be re-subscribed to your list. Use the Do Not Email tick box on the records within OpenCRM where appropriate.
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting) is explicitly prohibited.
Make sure your emails are compliant with the laws of the countries you are sending email from and to. E.g. CAN-SPAM Act. Ensure that your message includes your valid physical address in any commercial / advertising / mailing list emails you send and always an option to ‘opt out’ or 'unsubscribe'.
Complaints of any nature may lead to the immediate suspension of your email service.
Suspended or terminated accounts will not qualify for any refund.
OpenCRM reserves the right to charge for our time, system resources and any associated costs incurred whilst dealing with complaints from emails your business might send.
Reporting abuse or spam
We take spam and email abuse very seriously! If you believe you were sent an unsolicited email message by one of our users through OpenCRM Bulk Email SMTP service then you can report it here.
We investigate all abuse reports. Make a report
You may also be interested in:
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49
- How Can I CC and/or BCC in OpenCRM. Updated : 13-05-2013 14:57
- How do I Create a Mailshot in OpenCRM from a spreadsheet? Updated : 13-05-2013 13:31
- Can I set up a user or contact to always be CC'd or a BCC'd into correspondence sent using an email template? Updated : 18-09-2012 16:51
- Can I check if the email address I am entering is valid? Updated : 04-09-2012 14:03
- I want certain actions in OpenCRM to trigger an email or an SMS message, either to an assigned user or to an OpenCRM contact, how can I do this? Do you have any rules for the setting up auto-emails, auto-emailing or auto SMS? Updated : 01-08-2012 09:40
- How to use the Outlook Add-in with OpenCRM. How to sync Contacts, Calender entries and Emails between Outlook and OpenCRM using the Outlook Add-in. Updated : 23-07-2012 15:52
OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook
- How can I show emails in the history sub-tab of their linked record? Can I have emails I send to Contacts also show on their associated Company history tab? Updated : 12-07-2012 12:07
- I want to create and send an Email Campaign, what advice can you give me? Updated : 01-05-2012 16:46
- How do I send an Auto BCC for Outgoing emails in Thunderbird? Updated : 21-03-2012 12:34