How can I create an email signature using HTML and merge variables in OpenCRM?
|Updated: 24 October 2011 15:58:38||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Templates|
In OpenCRM you are able to create email signatures that can be used by any number of Users, containing details specific to that user.
This is done by using merge variables to populate the email signature with details relevant to each user - making a template that can be used throughout an organisation whilst still creating an personalised signature.
A merge variable is the term given to a symbolic name e.g. "$users_last_name" that is used to pull data from your OpenCRM system into a mail, document or template. It tells the system to find and insert the name or word that is referred to, in this example it is the User Last Name.
You don't need to be an HTML expert to do this, as we have compiled a list of merge variables for you to use. Simply select the required variable from the drop-down menu at the top of the email edit screen
Then copy and paste the merge variable into your email body as required, for example:
The variables selected will then pull through the relevant details into the email so that sending a mail using the variables in the example above will produce results along these lines:
A quick note about FORMATTING
Programs such as Word have a tendency to add formatting to documents. As a result your email template may show unexpected formatting such as extra spaces, different fonts, font size and so on. To avoid this, copy text into a program such as Notepad and then copy and paste the text from Notepad, this will strip any unwanted formatting.
Adding an image or company logo to your email template
To add your company logo or any other image into your email template, please refer to this FAQ: http://opencrm.co.uk/crm-knowledgebase/kb744103/I-would-like-to-add-an-image-to-an-Email-how-do-I-do-this.html
You may also be interested in:
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49
- How Can I CC and/or BCC in OpenCRM. Updated : 13-05-2013 14:57
- How do I Create a Mailshot in OpenCRM from a spreadsheet? Updated : 13-05-2013 13:31
- Can I set up a user or contact to always be CC'd or a BCC'd into correspondence sent using an email template? Updated : 18-09-2012 16:51
- Can I check if the email address I am entering is valid? Updated : 04-09-2012 14:03
- I want certain actions in OpenCRM to trigger an email or an SMS message, either to an assigned user or to an OpenCRM contact, how can I do this? Do you have any rules for the setting up auto-emails, auto-emailing or auto SMS? Updated : 01-08-2012 09:40
- How to use the Outlook Add-in with OpenCRM. How to sync Contacts, Calender entries and Emails between Outlook and OpenCRM using the Outlook Add-in. Updated : 23-07-2012 15:52
OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook
- How can I show emails in the history sub-tab of their linked record? Can I have emails I send to Contacts also show on their associated Company history tab? Updated : 12-07-2012 12:07
- I want to create and send an Email Campaign, what advice can you give me? Updated : 01-05-2012 16:46
- How do I send an Auto BCC for Outgoing emails in Thunderbird? Updated : 21-03-2012 12:34