How can I use Google's free SMTP server?
|Updated: 22 February 2012 22:57:48||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Google Sync Hosted::Services::Email|
To to use Google's free SMTP server follow these instructions.
Google's GMail offers a free SMTP server which can be used by anyone who has a GMail account.
If you don't have a GMail account, you can create one at the GMail account creation page.
Then all you need to do is configure your mail client to use GMail as your outgoing mail server. The details you should use are:
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.gmail.com
Use Authentication: Yes
Use Secure Connection: Yes (this can be TLS or SSL depending on your mail client)
Username: your GMail account
Password: your GMail password
Port: 465 or 587
You may also be interested in:
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49
- How Can I CC and/or BCC in OpenCRM. Updated : 13-05-2013 14:57
- How do I Create a Mailshot in OpenCRM from a spreadsheet? Updated : 13-05-2013 13:31
- Can I set up a user or contact to always be CC'd or a BCC'd into correspondence sent using an email template? Updated : 18-09-2012 16:51
- Can I check if the email address I am entering is valid? Updated : 04-09-2012 14:03
- I want certain actions in OpenCRM to trigger an email or an SMS message, either to an assigned user or to an OpenCRM contact, how can I do this? Do you have any rules for the setting up auto-emails, auto-emailing or auto SMS? Updated : 01-08-2012 09:40
- How to use the Outlook Add-in with OpenCRM. How to sync Contacts, Calender entries and Emails between Outlook and OpenCRM using the Outlook Add-in. Updated : 23-07-2012 15:52
OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook
- How can I show emails in the history sub-tab of their linked record? Can I have emails I send to Contacts also show on their associated Company history tab? Updated : 12-07-2012 12:07
- I want to create and send an Email Campaign, what advice can you give me? Updated : 01-05-2012 16:46
- How do I send an Auto BCC for Outgoing emails in Thunderbird? Updated : 21-03-2012 12:34