How do I Install , I am having problems installing , I receive error messages when installing the Outlook Add-in?
|Updated: 10 May 2013 16:32:40||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook|
Please download the Outlook add-in from the following location:
Either click on the hyperlink above or copy and paste the complete URL into your browser and select GO.
EXISTING USERS - (UNINSTALL FIRST)
To install this new version you should close Outlook and then remove the current installation. This can be done by;
Windows XP : Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs. In this list you need to find the 'OpenCRM Outlook Addin install' and then remove.
Windows Vista : Windows Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features. In this list you need to find the 'OpenCRM Outlook Addin install' and then remove.
Once you have carried out the removal, run the set-up file located in the downloaded ZIP folder and follow the instructions on screen.
NEW USERS - (INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS)
If you are a new user to the Outlook addin, you should download and then run the set-up file located in the downloaded ZIP folder and follow the instructions on screen. Outlook should be completly closed when installing this add-in
if you recive any warnings regarding existing files being newer than the one that is being tried to install, please select to KEEP the existing files.
If you receive any messages regarding files in use, you can safely choose the IGNORE option. This occurs as some of the files are now pre-bundled with Windows and so already exist on your system.
- Once installation is complete restart Outlook
- The Outlook Addin will have been added as a tool bar in Outlook 2007 or will appear under the "Add-Ins" tab in Outlook 2010
- Click "OpenCRM" and then "Login"
- Enter your OpenCRM User Name, Password and your OCRM URL, Your OCRM URL is the address you use in your web browser to access OpenCRM e.g. http://mycompany.opencrm.co.uk
- Check the "Remember Me" box to save your user details and click Login
- If, during installation, you see the error "System files are out of date...", see this FAQ
- If you see the error "Error initialising log file" Please see the following FAQ
What versions of Windows / Office do you support for the OpenCRM Outlook Add-in?
The Outlook add-in is supported on any version of Office/Outlook from 2003 up to Outlook/Office 2013 (32 bit) and Windows XP up to Windows 7 (64 or 32 bit).
It should also work on Windows 8 but due to the infancy of the operating system we have come across some issues here.
Due to changes in components shipped with Office 2013, some manual intervention may be required following the standard setup process. Contact the OpenCRM support team for assistance in this instance.
Installation of the Outlook Add-in on Virtual machines and Parallels for Mac should work, but is not officially supported.
We do not support 64bit Office of any version.
You may also be interested in:
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49
- How Can I CC and/or BCC in OpenCRM. Updated : 13-05-2013 14:57
- How do I Create a Mailshot in OpenCRM from a spreadsheet? Updated : 13-05-2013 13:31
- Can I set up a user or contact to always be CC'd or a BCC'd into correspondence sent using an email template? Updated : 18-09-2012 16:51
- Can I check if the email address I am entering is valid? Updated : 04-09-2012 14:03
- I want certain actions in OpenCRM to trigger an email or an SMS message, either to an assigned user or to an OpenCRM contact, how can I do this? Do you have any rules for the setting up auto-emails, auto-emailing or auto SMS? Updated : 01-08-2012 09:40
- How to use the Outlook Add-in with OpenCRM. How to sync Contacts, Calender entries and Emails between Outlook and OpenCRM using the Outlook Add-in. Updated : 23-07-2012 15:52
OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook Windows::Outlook
- How can I show emails in the history sub-tab of their linked record? Can I have emails I send to Contacts also show on their associated Company history tab? Updated : 12-07-2012 12:07
- I want to create and send an Email Campaign, what advice can you give me? Updated : 01-05-2012 16:46
- How do I send an Auto BCC for Outgoing emails in Thunderbird? Updated : 21-03-2012 12:34