I need to group and report on time periods that are important to me, such as Financial Years or historic Financial Quarters, can OpenCRM do this?
|Updated: 11 November 2010 16:43:54||OpenCRM::Reports|
The short answer is YES, we can group together and therefore report on date periods, however, what is sometimes required is a way to group these periods together that do not follow a traditional date range, such as "same year - 2008, 2009, 2010" etc..
The obvious exception to the normal date reporting is when you are wanting to report on Financial Periods that cross over years. Perhaps your Financial Year starts on the 1st April and ends on the 31st March. This is traditionally less easy to report on as a trend.
OpenCRM allows you to report on periods based within the current Financial Year, however, if you wanted to show a 'Year on Year trend graph' that shows a number of financial periods, normal date reporting will not work. In my example I want to display a graph that shows the last 5 years turnover as a trend. To achieve this you would follow these steps;
- Create a Custom Field (Financial Year) and add this to the entity that you are wanting to report on - in this case we will use Invoices.
- Make this custom field a PICKLIST
- In my example the values are : 2005 - 2006, 2006 - 2007, 2007 - 2008, 2008 - 2009, 2009 - 2010, 2010 - 2011
- Set the top value in the PICKLIST to be the current Financial Year (because this is set as the top value this will become the default entry when you create any new Invoice, therefore allowing the data collection to be automated - NOTE : you will need to add the new financial year values to the top of the field at the start of your next financial year).
- To set the values on existing Invoices - create a Custom View OR use the search options to list all of the Invoices in a given date range, then globally update the Invoices with the relevant values from the list.
- When you have the Invoices set with the correct Financial Year data you can create a report that displays a Graph based on the Financial Year custom field, you can group the report on the Financial Year field which will produce a graph of the yearly totals.
Consider using a Line Style to show trends.
You may also be interested in:
- I want to set up scheduled reports, have you any tips on how and where to store them? Updated : 07-01-2012 11:38
- How to set a relationship between a Company and a Contact / How to setup and find Key Contacts Updated : 25-10-2011 12:27
OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Companies OpenCRM::Reports
- Can I change the Default Automated Scheduled Email template that is sent with Scheduled Reports? Updated : 09-09-2011 12:10
OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Additional OpenCRM::Reports
A tab count shows a " * " and no value, A tab count shows " ~ ". Large tab counts seem a bit inaccurate. How does tab count caching work? Why does opening a record with a large number of linked items take a long time? Why can I only see 1000 records in linked grids?Updated : 30-03-2013 10:41
OpenCRM::Home OpenCRM::Calendar OpenCRM::Leads OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::SMS OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Reports OpenCRM::Companies OpenCRM::Opportunities OpenCRM::Quotes OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Orders::Purchase Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Projects OpenCRM::Helpdesk OpenCRM::Helpdesk::FAQ OpenCRM::Documents OpenCRM::Products OpenCRM::Products::Stock Items OpenCRM::Dashboards OpenCRM::RSS OpenCRM::Contracts OpenCRM::Personnel OpenCRM::Events OpenCRM::Property OpenCRM::Campaigns OpenCRM::Interface-Display OpenCRM::Settings OpenCRM::Settings::Users OpenCRM::Settings::Templates OpenCRM::Settings::Additional OpenCRM::Settings::Custom Fields OpenCRM::Settings::Google Sync OpenCRM::Portal OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook OpenCRM::Add-in::Pop2OpenCRM OpenCRM::Add-in::SOAP OpenCRM::Add-in::SageLink OpenCRM::Add-in::Web Form OpenCRM::Add-in::Custom Module/code OpenCRM::Editor OpenCRM::Sage Integration OpenCRM::Phone Integration OpenCRM::Data Import-Export
- How do I create a Report in OpenCRM? Updated : 26-05-2011 16:03
- How do I set and restrict access to my Reports? Updated : 09-11-2011 10:13
- How do I schedule a report to be sent to a contact? How do I control the email that is sent? Updated : 05-07-2011 14:13
- How do I list records that contain a value in a field (In other words are not blank) ? Updated : 16-11-2010 09:38
OpenCRM::Reports OpenCRM::Settings::Custom Fields
- I would like to create a Report with Graph totals broken down by Year/Month, how do I do this? Updated : 11-04-2011 12:19
How can I create a graph on a report? How can I have a report graph appear on my Homepage?Updated : 17-12-2012 15:40